Most Active Stories
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: A shepherd finds the perfect flock
- City Visions: Having Overcome Challenges, The San Francisco Zoo Embraces its Mission
- Remembering Robin Williams' visit to KALW
- Your Call: What can we do to create safe spaces for women?
- North Beach tenants find strength and friendship as they fight to keep their homes
Arts & Culture
StoryCorps: The Manalo Love Story
About 16 years ago, San Francisco native Allan Manalo visited Manila, the capital of the Philippines, in an effort to reconnect with his heritage. There he met his wife, Joyce D. Juan-Manalo and recognized that even though they grew up with an ocean between them, they were strikingly similar in many ways. Here they recall the sparks that connected them in the beginning.
This interview was facilitated by Frank Kingman of San Francisco Storycorps.