Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Arts & Culture
StoryCorps: The Manalo Love Story
About 16 years ago, San Francisco native Allan Manalo visited Manila, the capital of the Philippines, in an effort to reconnect with his heritage. There he met his wife, Joyce D. Juan-Manalo and recognized that even though they grew up with an ocean between them, they were strikingly similar in many ways. Here they recall the sparks that connected them in the beginning.
This interview was facilitated by Frank Kingman of San Francisco Storycorps.