Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
StoryCorps: Street violence comes home
Darwin Farrar lived his childhood in a violent area of 1960s Pasadena, CA. Where he lived, the neighborhood paperboy Wilbert had an abusive mother named Bonnie. Bonnie was known to be violent. One day she brought that violence into Darwin’s home, but his mom would not have it.
Click the audio player above to listen to the story.