Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Around the Nation
Stuck On The Tarmac, Passengers Break Into Song
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 2:53 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A flight from Las Vegas to Phoenix this week was delayed and delayed, passengers stuck on the tarmac for four hours without air conditioning or water in 108-degree heat. A YouTube post said some passengers got sick, but, quote, to "avoid a mutiny," others joined together in song: R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly."
UNIDENTIFIED GROUP: (Singing) I believe I can fly.
MONTAGNE: Eventually they did fly, on their second plane. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.