Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Tree ~ Cable Car Nymphomaniac ~ Voices of Music - Shinji Eshima
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Supervisor Mark Farrell on fighting homelessness
San Francisco spends about $165 million each year on homeless services, according to a report requested by city Supervisor Mark Farrell. In an attempt to understand the cost effectiveness of those programs, Supervisor Farrell organized a series of eight hearings this spring, focused on homeless services in San Francisco. Farrell sat down with KALW's Ben Trefny to talk about what came out of those hearings.
Click the audio player above to hear the entire interview.