Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Sweden, it’s as though we never knew you
It seemed to be going so well, that exercise in democratic Tweeting that Sweden so optimistically dived into this month.
In case you missed it, the idea was to allow a different Swede citizen to helm the country’s official Twitter account each week, in a government effort to showcase the diversity of Sweden’s citizenry.
You have to imagine that any bureaucrat worth their salt who would approve of such a risky experiment would have a contingency plan for when that experiment inevitably went off the rails.
Like it did this week.
Here’s one solution — hand the reins over to Stephen Colbert.
This article was originally published on TurnstyleNews.com on June 13, 2012.