Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Sweden Recognizes File-Sharing Group As Religion
Originally published on Fri January 6, 2012 7:37 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. A new church has been recognized by Sweden - the Church of Kopimisms. Its sacred symbols are control C and control V - cut and paste. Here's the deal. It's an article of faith in this new church that all information should be shared. So is this the church of Internet piracy? Members say no. People working on a piracy crackdown say a church won't serve as a shield for pirates. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.