Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
City Visions: September 17, 2012
Technology and Social Causes- Activism or "Clicktivism"?
CIty Visions explores the impact of technology on social activism and fundraising. Do social and digital media motivate people to take meaningful action, or encourage a belief that all it takes is a click to make a difference? Guests include leaders from Fundly.com, an online fundraising website and Change.org, a social action platform, and Rainforest Action Network, a national nonprofit based in San Francisco that is using technology to reach out to new audiences.