Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
City Visions: September 17, 2012
Technology and Social Causes- Activism or "Clicktivism"?
CIty Visions explores the impact of technology on social activism and fundraising. Do social and digital media motivate people to take meaningful action, or encourage a belief that all it takes is a click to make a difference? Guests include leaders from Fundly.com, an online fundraising website and Change.org, a social action platform, and Rainforest Action Network, a national nonprofit based in San Francisco that is using technology to reach out to new audiences.