Most Active Stories
- Stanford researchers find teaching technique that closes achievement gap in schools
- Project-based learning gets kids back on track
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
City Visions: September 17, 2012
Technology and Social Causes- Activism or "Clicktivism"?
CIty Visions explores the impact of technology on social activism and fundraising. Do social and digital media motivate people to take meaningful action, or encourage a belief that all it takes is a click to make a difference? Guests include leaders from Fundly.com, an online fundraising website and Change.org, a social action platform, and Rainforest Action Network, a national nonprofit based in San Francisco that is using technology to reach out to new audiences.