Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Health, Science, Environment
TED Radio Hour ~ New on KALW!
There is no greater opening to possibility than the birth of an idea, created out of inspired imagination and spread far and wide at the speed of light. It is with total delight that we announce the TED Radio Hour. "Talks" from the legendary TED stage are coming to radio for the first time and in a new format that will intrigue curious listeners and stir the imagination.
Each year, TED hosts the world's most fascinating thinkers - convention-breaking mavericks, icons, and geniuses - who give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes or less about the best ideas in Technology, Entertainment, Design and much more. Through this exciting co-production between TED and NPR, each episode will focus around a theme (such as "Happiness") and TED Talks that put ideas about the theme through the paces. Tuesdays at 10pm.