Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
The music you’re hearing is by acclaimed composer Terry Riley. Riley is considered one of the founders of the Minimalist movement of the 1960s, which has influenced such diverse musicians as Philip Glass and The Who. He’s performing a benefit concert for The Old First Church in San Francisco on Friday, March 23, starting at 8pm.