Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Three Acts, Two Dancers, One Radio Host - Words and Visuals!
"Three Acts, Two Dancers, One Radio Host: Ira Glass, Monica Bill Barnes, Anna Bass", a show that combines two art forms that - as Glass puts it - "have no business being together - dance and radio", come to the Nourse Theater in San Francisco on November 16 and 17. This American Life host Ira Glass has been working with Monica Bill Barnes & Company to invent a show that combines these two art forms - one is all words and no visuals, the other is all visuals and no words. The result is a funny, lively and very talky evening of dance and stories that brought down the house in its first test run at Carnegie Hall. "What makes it work," says Glass "is a shared sensibility. As dancers, Monica and Anna are these amazingly relatable and funny storytellers without words."
Information at www.cityboxoffice.com.