Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Open Air ~ 5/30 at 1pm
Tinsel Tarts ~ Italian pianist Einaudi ~ Marvin Hamlisch Gala
Sarah Cahill is guest host on Open Air this week, and we hear her in conversation with Scrumbly Koldewyn, writer of the book, music, and lyrics for the current Cockettes’ show, “Tinsel Tarts in a Hot Coma”, a revival of the original 1971 production. Also, Bay Area Cabaret director Marilyn Levinson talks about the upcoming Marvin Hamlisch Gala at the Fairmont's Venetian Room, and regular host David Latulippe talks to Italian new-age pianist Ludovico Einaudi. Plus, music critic Joshua Kosman stops in to talk about the month ahead in classical music.
Open Air with guest host Sarah Cahill, originally broadcast on Thursday, May 30th at 1pm. Listen now or anytime.