Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Before the Brave
Call it Folk Rock or call it America, the style of music featured here is all over the place these days. This particular band, from San Francisco, is known as Before the Brave. They list Ryan Adams and Arcade Fire among their influences.
They’ll be opening for Thao & the Get Down Stay Down – another Bay Area band – on Saturday March 2 at the Great American Music Hall, as part of this year’s Noise Pop festival.