Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Grass Widow
There’s no leader in the band Grass Widow. That probably makes it easier for each member of this trio to suggest subjects for songs. Grass Widow, who you’re hearing now, call their music post-punk, and the New Yorker Magazine describes it as “pastoral melodies” floating over “trellises of spindly guitars.” If this sounds appealing, you can hear them live on Thursday, December 6, when they play at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco.