Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Kathy Kallick Band
When you think of bluegrass music, you probably think more of wooden cabins than of Presidential yachts. But on Thursday (10.25) the Kathy Kallick Band has a show planned on the Potomac, the yacht built for President Franklin Roosevelt, now harbored at Jack London Square in Oakland. This concert is part of the “Pickin’ on the Potomac” music series. Tours of the ship begin at 6:30pm, and the music starts about an hour later.