Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Kathy Kallick Band
When you think of bluegrass music, you probably think more of wooden cabins than of Presidential yachts. But on Thursday (10.25) the Kathy Kallick Band has a show planned on the Potomac, the yacht built for President Franklin Roosevelt, now harbored at Jack London Square in Oakland. This concert is part of the “Pickin’ on the Potomac” music series. Tours of the ship begin at 6:30pm, and the music starts about an hour later.