Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Kathy Kallick Band
When you think of bluegrass music, you probably think more of wooden cabins than of Presidential yachts. But on Thursday (10.25) the Kathy Kallick Band has a show planned on the Potomac, the yacht built for President Franklin Roosevelt, now harbored at Jack London Square in Oakland. This concert is part of the “Pickin’ on the Potomac” music series. Tours of the ship begin at 6:30pm, and the music starts about an hour later.