Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today’s Local Music: Kathy Kallick Band
When you think of bluegrass music, you probably think more of wooden cabins than of Presidential yachts. But on Thursday (10.25) the Kathy Kallick Band has a show planned on the Potomac, the yacht built for President Franklin Roosevelt, now harbored at Jack London Square in Oakland. This concert is part of the “Pickin’ on the Potomac” music series. Tours of the ship begin at 6:30pm, and the music starts about an hour later.