Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Is the age of capitalism over?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Jerry Mander, author of “The Capitalism Papers: Fatal Flaws of an Obsolete System." Mander argues that argues that capitalism has had its day and has failed miserably. It’s killing the planet, dismantling democracy, promoting wars and making us less happy. Do you agree? And if so, what is the alternative to capitalism? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How do you define capitalism? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Jerry Mander, Distinguished Fellow at the International Forum on Globalization