Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Preventing gun violence
Today on Your Call: Are gun owners ready for new laws to prevent gun violence even if the NRA isn’t?
On today's Your Call, we’ll open the lines to gun owners to hear what kind of change they’re ready for in the wake of the massacre at Newtown. President Obama has made his proposals – which ones would everyday gun owners be willing to accept? Gabrielle Giffords says the focus should be on “responsible gun ownership” – what does that mean to you? It’s Your Call, with Hana Baba, and you.
Philip Young, an army veteran and gun-owner who has drafted drafted what he believes would be sensible framework for Responsible Firearms Ownership legislation
Juliet Leftwich, legal director of the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Commonwealth Club (Thu, Jan 17 2013 - 6:00pm): Gun Laws: California and the Nation – What Should Be Done?
Mother Jones: A Guide to Mass Shootings in America
USA Today: Giffords and Kelly: Fighting gun violence