Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Preventing gun violence
Today on Your Call: Are gun owners ready for new laws to prevent gun violence even if the NRA isn’t?
On today's Your Call, we’ll open the lines to gun owners to hear what kind of change they’re ready for in the wake of the massacre at Newtown. President Obama has made his proposals – which ones would everyday gun owners be willing to accept? Gabrielle Giffords says the focus should be on “responsible gun ownership” – what does that mean to you? It’s Your Call, with Hana Baba, and you.
Philip Young, an army veteran and gun-owner who has drafted drafted what he believes would be sensible framework for Responsible Firearms Ownership legislation
Juliet Leftwich, legal director of the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Commonwealth Club (Thu, Jan 17 2013 - 6:00pm): Gun Laws: California and the Nation – What Should Be Done?
Mother Jones: A Guide to Mass Shootings in America
USA Today: Giffords and Kelly: Fighting gun violence