Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Are there alternatives to our current forms of money?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with I Bernard Lietaer and Jacqui Dunne authors of Rethinking Money: How New Currencies Turn Scarcity into Prosperity. In the past 30 years, there has been a considerable growth of cooperative currencies around the world— from fewer than a handful in 1980 to more than 4,000 today. How does an alternative monetary system work? Are you rethinking money in your community? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Bernard Lietaer, an international expert in the design and implementation of currency systems.
Jacqui Dunne, an award-winning journalist from Ireland and founder and CEO of Danu Resource
Terry Garrett, managing member of Sonoma County GO LOCAL and Sustaining Technologies
Bernard Lietaer: Currency solutions for a wiser world