Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: Are there alternatives to our current forms of money?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with I Bernard Lietaer and Jacqui Dunne authors of Rethinking Money: How New Currencies Turn Scarcity into Prosperity. In the past 30 years, there has been a considerable growth of cooperative currencies around the world— from fewer than a handful in 1980 to more than 4,000 today. How does an alternative monetary system work? Are you rethinking money in your community? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Bernard Lietaer, an international expert in the design and implementation of currency systems.
Jacqui Dunne, an award-winning journalist from Ireland and founder and CEO of Danu Resource
Terry Garrett, managing member of Sonoma County GO LOCAL and Sustaining Technologies
Bernard Lietaer: Currency solutions for a wiser world