Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: Are We Really Falling Off a Fiscal Cliff?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the ongoing battle over tax increases on the rich and $1.2 trillion dollars in automatic spending cuts. President Obama is calling for a grand bargain to avert the so-called fiscal cliff. What’s in store for the future of the Bush tax cuts and programs like social security and Medicare? Join us at 10am PT or leave a comment here. Who are the major players in this debate and how do you think it should be dealt with? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Jeff Madrick, a regular contributor to The New York Review of Books, and he writes the Anti-Economist column for Harper's Magazine. His new book is titled, Age of Greed, The Triumph of Finance and the Decline of America, 1970-Present, is now out in paparback
Kevin Hall, the national economics reporter for McClatchy Newspapers, based in Washington, D.C
Harper’s: The Coming Fiscal Bluffs
McClatchy Newspapers: Put up or shut up time for Congress, Obama on fiscal cliff
Salon: The coming debt battle