Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: Are you in need of a “Digital Detox”?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk about digital overload. Some people are getting so many emails a day that they sign up for camps where they have to leave their devices behind for days. Where do we draw the line between the convenient benefits of hyper-connectivity and it's counterproductive side effects? Join us at 10am Pacific or post a comment here. As our presence becomes more and more defined by being online, how do we make it socially acceptable for people to unplug? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan, and You.
Ben Hanna, Camp Coordinator for “Camp Grounded,” a program of Digital Detox
Tanya Schevitz, national communications manager for Reboot, a Jewish nonprofit which sponsors the National Day of Unplugging.
Digital Detox: Camp Grounded
Huffington Post: Unplugging Is the New Status Update
Tiffany Shlain: Technology Shabbats
PBS: Digital Nation
MomsRising: I’m taking a Tech Detox for My 3-year-old