Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: Are you in need of a “Digital Detox”?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk about digital overload. Some people are getting so many emails a day that they sign up for camps where they have to leave their devices behind for days. Where do we draw the line between the convenient benefits of hyper-connectivity and it's counterproductive side effects? Join us at 10am Pacific or post a comment here. As our presence becomes more and more defined by being online, how do we make it socially acceptable for people to unplug? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan, and You.
Ben Hanna, Camp Coordinator for “Camp Grounded,” a program of Digital Detox
Tanya Schevitz, national communications manager for Reboot, a Jewish nonprofit which sponsors the National Day of Unplugging.
Digital Detox: Camp Grounded
Huffington Post: Unplugging Is the New Status Update
Tiffany Shlain: Technology Shabbats
PBS: Digital Nation
MomsRising: I’m taking a Tech Detox for My 3-year-old