Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: Climate talks in Poland and reporting in China
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week we’ll discuss media coverage of the devastating typhoon in the Philippines. A Filipino delegate to a U.N. conference on climate change is refusing to eat until real action is taken. We’ll also discuss China’s crackdown on foreign journalists. We’ll be joined by Reuters' Paul Mooney and the Earth Island Journal’s Mark Jason. Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan, and you.
Jason Mark, editor of the quarterly environmental magazine, Earth Island Journal
Paul Mooney, award-winning freelance journalist
The Atlantic: China’s Intensifying Suppression of Foreign Journalism
The Guardian: Is climate change to blame for Typhoon Haiyan?
CPJ: Q&A: Paul Mooney on reporting in China