Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Today on Your Call: A conversation with Haaretz's Aluf Benn
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with Aluf Benn, a veteran journalist covering foreign policy and national security and the editor-in-chief of Haaretz in Israel. Benn says that in Israel, stories involving defense, intelligence or nuclear matters must be submitted to the military censor’s office. So how do Israeli journalists cover the Israeli/Palestinian conflict? And what role do the media play in shaping public opinion about this issue? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Aluf Benn, editor-in-chief of the Haaretz Newspaper
Aljazeera: Israel jittery over global boycotts