Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
Today on Your Call: A conversation with Haaretz's Aluf Benn
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with Aluf Benn, a veteran journalist covering foreign policy and national security and the editor-in-chief of Haaretz in Israel. Benn says that in Israel, stories involving defense, intelligence or nuclear matters must be submitted to the military censor’s office. So how do Israeli journalists cover the Israeli/Palestinian conflict? And what role do the media play in shaping public opinion about this issue? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Aluf Benn, editor-in-chief of the Haaretz Newspaper
Aljazeera: Israel jittery over global boycotts