Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: Covering the government shutdown
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. Congress reached an eleventh hour deal to end the 16-day partial government shutdown and Republicans failed to defund or delay ObamaCare. The President signed a bill funding the government through Jan. 15 and raising the debt limit through Feb. 7. How did media frame this crisis? Who went beyond the Washington narrative? We’ll be joined by McClatchy’s Kevin Hall and Huffington Post’s Michael McAuliff. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Michael McAuliff, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post
Kevin Hall, Chief Economics Correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers, based in Washington, D.C.