Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Deadly elections in Pakistan and America's drone wars
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill about his new book “Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield.” He investigates the expanding CIA and the Joint Special Operations Command’s covert operations in Pakistan, Afghanistan and beyond. We’ll also talk about the rise in violence in Pakistan ahead of this Saturday’s elections with Dawn's Rafia Zakaria. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Rafia Zakaria, columnist for DAWN, Pakistan’s largest English newspaper
Jeremy Scahill, national security correspondent at The Nation magazine, author of Dirty Wars
Jermey Schaill’s event: Friday, May 10, 7:30 pm at First Congregational Church of Oakland
Guardian: Pakistan's deadly democracy
The Nation: Inside America's Dirty Wars
Iona Craig: Will Obama keep Yemeni journalist in jail?