Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Is Earth Day effective?
On today's Your Call we’ll reflect on Earth Day. Environmental journalist Mark Hertsgaard believes that Earth Day is becoming a bland, tired ritual that polluters and politicians have learned to ignore or co-opt. It’s time to reclaim Earth Day and return it to its 1970s roots when millions took to the streets. What will it take to get millions into the streets today? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How would you save Earth Day and the environmental movement? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Mark Hertsgaard, environmental journalist and author of “Hot: Living Through the Next Fifty Years on Earth”
Michelle Myers, conservation director for the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the Sierra Club
Captain Paul Watson, founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
Ashoka Finley, organizer with Occupy the Farm
The Nation: Save Earth Day
Sierra Club: Rest in Peace: Gaylord Nelson, Founder of Earth Day
Huffington Post: Earth Day 2012: Successes Since The Beginning Of The Movement
MSN Living: Should We Abolish Earth Day?