Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: The economics of journalism and media reform
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with longtime media reform advocate Robert McChesney about his new book Digital Disconnect: How Capitalism is Turning the Internet Against Democracy. We'll also discuss the economics of journalism, media reform, and coverage of the revelations by former NSA whistle blower Edward Snowden. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Tune in on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Robert McChesney, Professor in the Department of Communications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, co-founder of Free Press