Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: The economics of journalism and media reform
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with longtime media reform advocate Robert McChesney about his new book Digital Disconnect: How Capitalism is Turning the Internet Against Democracy. We'll also discuss the economics of journalism, media reform, and coverage of the revelations by former NSA whistle blower Edward Snowden. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Tune in on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Robert McChesney, Professor in the Department of Communications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, co-founder of Free Press