Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about coverage of poverty as Congress plans to cuts billions of dollars in social safety net programs. We’ll also discuss the impact of austerity policies in Spain. We’ll be joined by journalist and author Gary Rivlin, and Iberosphere.com’s Guy Hedgecoe joins us from Madrid. Join us at 10 or email feedback @yourcallradio.org. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Guy Hedgecoe, co-editor of Iberosphere.com, a website that offers news, comment, and analysis on Spain and Portugal
Gary Rivilin, journalist and author of author of Broke USA
Gary Rivlin: Broke USA
Harold Meyerson, Washington Post: An economic recovery that leaves workers further behind
Greg Kaufmann, The Nation: Georgia Tries to Get to Zero Welfare Recipients
Hilary Douglas and Gerrard Couzens, Express: Spain is a picture of poverty as the people turn their backs on the Euro
Prensa Latina: Spain: Lives mortgaged by the crisis