Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: Friday Media roundtable
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of the upcoming presidential election in Mexico. We’ll also talk about coverage of the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold one but strike down three key elements of Arizona’s SB1070 law. We’ll be joined by McClatchy’s Michael Doyle, independent journalist Valeria Fernández, and Al Jazeera English’s Frank Contreras joins us from Mexico City. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Michael Doyle, a reporter for McClatchy's Washington Bureau
Valeria Fernández, an independent journalist in Phoenix, Arizona and co produce of, Two Americans a documentary about Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Franc Contreras, an freelance journalist based in Mexico
Guardian: Mexican media scandal: Televisa condemns Guardian reports
New America Media: SB 1070 Ruling Has Both Sides Claiming Victory