Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the Justice Department’s decision not to prosecute Goldman Sachs in a financial fraud probe. We’ll also talk about the trial of the Russian protest rock band, Pussy Riot and freedom of expression in Russia . We’ll be joined by Reuters’ Rob Cox, McClathchy’s Kevin Hall and independent journalist Masha Gessen. Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Masha Gessen, an investigative journalist and the author of “The Man Without a Face,” a biography of Vladimir Putin.
Rob Cox, the Editor of Breakingviews, the global financial commentary service of Reuters in New York and a contributor to Newsweek
Kevin Hall, the national economic correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers
NY Times: The Stalin in Putin
Reuters: Subsidy City
McClatchy Newspapers: Paul Ryan’s plan for Medicare sets stage for campaign debate
The Seattle Times: Goldman Sachs vs. the people
McClatchy Newspapers: How Goldman secretly bet on the U.S. housing crash