Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss the media coverage of Chicago teachers strike. How did media cover the education crisis in Chicago? We’ll also talk about widespread labor protests in Egypt. We’ll be joined by Truthout’s Yana Kunichoff, In These Times Mike Elk, and freelance journalist Ahmad Shokr joins us from Cairo. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join us live at 10 or send and email to email@example.com. It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Mike Elk, a labor reporter with In These Times
Yana Kunichoff , a Chicago-area journalist and the assistant editor at Truthout.org
Ahmad Shokr, a freelance journalist and former English editor at the Egyptian daily Newspaper, Al Masry Al Youm
In These Times: Chicago Teachers Strike Ends, But ‘Multi-Year Revolution’ Begins
Jadaliyya: Back to the Table, Egypt and the IMF
Egypt Independent: No carrot, only stick: No concessions in government crackdown on strikes