Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On Today's Your Call, it's our Friday media roundtable. With so much talk about how much Mitt Romney paid in taxes, how are the media covering our tax system? We’ll also discuss the growing debt crisis in Europe and the ongoing debt relief deal talks in Greece where the names of 4,000-tax evaders have been published. We’ll be joined by Reuters’ David Cay Johnston and the Globe and Mail’s Eric Reguly joins us from Rome. Where did you see best reporting this week? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
David Cay Johnston, Pulitzer Prize winning columnist at Reuters; professor of tax, property and regulatory law of the ancient world at Syracuse University College of Law; author of Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expensive (and Stick You with the Bill).
Eric Reguly, European business correspondent for The Globe and Mail
Eric Reguly, Globe and Mail: Super Mario’s bank rescue no lifesaver for a dying Greece
David Cay Johnston, Reuters: Tax advice for those who want to be like Mitt
Mike Lofgren, Nieman Watchdog: How the media enable the Republican tax agenda