Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with Rolling Stone writer Michael Hastings. In his new book, "The Operator: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America’s War in Afghanistan," he writes about the military’s top decision makers, their mistrust of President Obama, and the close relationship between the military and journalists. The Pentagon has 27,000 people working on public relations. Who's going beyond the spin? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Michael Hastings, a contributing editor at Rolling Stone magazine
Torie Boschto, The Slate: How To Make Surveillance Drones Less Frightening: Paint Them Pretty Colors
Micheal Hastings, Rolling Stone: The Runaway General: The Rolling Stone profile of Stanley McChrystal that changed history
Simon Tisdall, Guardian: Nato prediction of Taliban victory in Afghanistan is immensely damaging