Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable
On today’s Your Call, it’s Our Friday media roundtable. This week’s we’ll have a conversation about President Obama’s $3.8 billion dollar budget and the deal reached on payroll tax cuts. We’ll also discuss the brutal crack down in Bahrain. We’ll be joined by the Nation’s Greg Kaufmann, the Huffington Post’s Mike McAuliff and independent journalist Mona Kareem joins us from Kuwait. Join us at 10 or send your story of the week to email@example.com. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mona Kareem, freelance journalist who contributes to Global Voices, Jadaliyya.com, and Migrant-rights.com
Greg Kaufmann, writer for the Nation, where he has a blog called "This Week in Poverty"
Michael McAuliff, senior congressional correspondent for The Huffington Post
Mona Kareem, Global Voices: Tweeting the Revolution's First Anniversary
Greg Kaufmann, The Nation: This Week in Poverty: Perfect Storm Threatens Long-Term Unemployed
Michael McAuliff, Arthur Delaney, The Huffington Post: Payroll Tax Deal Finalized Before Vote
Michael McAuliff, The Huffington Post: President Obama's Budget Would Tax The Rich, Cut Medicare