Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable - Protesting NATO
On the next Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of the NATO Summit and protests. Much of the focus was on the future of Afghanistan. On Sunday, 50 veterans threw their medals toward the summit, saying no amount of medals or flags can cover the amount of human suffering caused by the occupation. We’ll be joined by Truthout’s Yana Kunichoff, The Indypendent’s Arun Gupta, and the Guardian’s Emma Graham-Harrison. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Emma Graham-Harrison, Afghanistan correspondent for the Guardian newspaper
Yana Kunichoff, assistant editor for Truthout.org and reporter with The Chicago Reporter
Arun Gupta, founding editor of The Indypendent newspaper and co-founder of Occupy the Wall Street Journal
Yana Kunichoff, Truthout : NATO Protesters Held Without Charge After Raid as Chicago Steps Up Police Activities
Arun Gupta, Aljazeera: What happened to the Occupy movement?
Emma Graham-Harrison, Guardian: Stone carvers defy Taliban to return to the Bamiyan valley
Emma Graham-Harrison, Guardian: Ryan Crocker to step down as US ambassador to Afghanistan