Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: Friday Media Roundtable: Putin's Russia
On this week’s media roundtable, we’ll have a conversation with Luke Harding, the Guardian's former Russian correspondent, about his new book Mafia State: How one reporter became an enemy of the brutal new Russia. Last February, Harding was deported from Russia after after he reported that leaked US diplomatic cables described Russia as a "virtual mafia state." What do you want to know about Vladimir Putin's Russia? Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Luke Harding, an award-winning foreign correspondent with the Guardian. He has reported from Delhi, Berlin and Moscow and has covered wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya.
Luke Haeding, The Guardian: Vladimir Putin's wealth put at $179,612 by Russian election officials
Luke Harding, The Guardian: The World Tomorrow: Julian Assange proves a useful idiot