Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: The future of Occupied Oakland
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the protests in Oakland, which resulted in 400 arrests. With tensions escalating between the police and the protesters, some people are questioning the direction the occupy movement is taking. So what happened during the latest Occupy Oakland demonstration? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How is the Occupy movement responding to the recent wave of violence? And what's next? It's Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Kazu Haga, an Oakland-based Kingian Nonviolence trainer
Gavin Aronsen, a writer with Mother Jones and the managing editor of the central Iowa-based Ames Progressive
Ali Winston, freelance reporter
Spencer Mills, an Occupy Oakland protester and a citizen journalist
Kazu Haga, Occupy Oakland: A Fitting Name?
Gavin Aronsen, Mother Jones: Journalists—Myself Included—Swept Up in Mass Arrest at Occupy Oakland
Osha Neumann, the Daily Planet: Occupy Oakland: Are We Being Childish?