Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Today on Your Call: The future of Occupied Oakland
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the protests in Oakland, which resulted in 400 arrests. With tensions escalating between the police and the protesters, some people are questioning the direction the occupy movement is taking. So what happened during the latest Occupy Oakland demonstration? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. How is the Occupy movement responding to the recent wave of violence? And what's next? It's Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Kazu Haga, an Oakland-based Kingian Nonviolence trainer
Gavin Aronsen, a writer with Mother Jones and the managing editor of the central Iowa-based Ames Progressive
Ali Winston, freelance reporter
Spencer Mills, an Occupy Oakland protester and a citizen journalist
Kazu Haga, Occupy Oakland: A Fitting Name?
Gavin Aronsen, Mother Jones: Journalists—Myself Included—Swept Up in Mass Arrest at Occupy Oakland
Osha Neumann, the Daily Planet: Occupy Oakland: Are We Being Childish?