Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: Gasland's Josh Fox
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Josh Fox about his new documentary film Gasland Part II. According to Open Secret, since 2008, the oil and gas industry has spent 780 million dollars on lobbying. With between 1 to 2 million wells in the United States, the oil and gas industry is now controlling huge parcels of lands in the US. What are the environmental impacts of fracking? How are people challenging the powerful oil and gas industry? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Josh Fox, environmental activist and director of the Oscar-nominated documentary Gasland
Adam Scow, California Campaigns Director at Food & Water Watch