Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
FBI's war on Berkeley radicals
Today on Your Call: How and why did the FBI target radicals at UC Berkeley in the 60s?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with Seth Rosenfeld, author of Subversives: The FBI's War on Student Radicals and Reagan's Rise to Power. “Ultimately,” says Rosenfeld, “this is a cautionary tale about the dangers of secrecy and power.” Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. What are your memories of activism in Berkeley in the 60s? Or if you’re involved today, have you experienced repression? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Seth Rosenfeld, author of Subversives: The FBI's War on Student Radicals and Reagan's Rise to Power
Center for Investigative Reporting: FBI files reveal new details about informant who armed Black Panthers
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism: Seth Rosenfeld | Subversives: The FBI's War on Student Radicals and Reagan's Rise to Power
NY Times: Reagan’s Personal Spying Machine
BookForum: Peeping Ron
The Boston Globe: ‘Subversives ’ by Seth Rosenfeld
Berkeleyside: The FBI’s secret war against Berkeley
Wall Street Journal: When G-Men Do Research on Campus
S.F. Chronicle: 'Subversives,' by Seth Rosenfeld
Christian Science Monitor: Subversives