Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: How are athletes using their political and economic power?
On today’s Your Call, It’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with Dave Zirin about his new book, “Game Over: How Politics Has Turned the Sports World Upside Down.” Zirin tells stories about how athletes are using their platforms to speak out and reclaim sports from the corporate interests that have taken it hostage. He cheers the victories, while reflecting on how far we have to go. How are athletes affecting debates about class, race, religion, and political power? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Dave Zirin,The Nation’s sports editor
The Nation: The Cesspool: Why Youth Sports Stink
The New Yorker: Jason Collins Comes Out