Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: How are athletes using their political and economic power?
On today’s Your Call, It’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation with Dave Zirin about his new book, “Game Over: How Politics Has Turned the Sports World Upside Down.” Zirin tells stories about how athletes are using their platforms to speak out and reclaim sports from the corporate interests that have taken it hostage. He cheers the victories, while reflecting on how far we have to go. How are athletes affecting debates about class, race, religion, and political power? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Dave Zirin,The Nation’s sports editor
The Nation: The Cesspool: Why Youth Sports Stink
The New Yorker: Jason Collins Comes Out