Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: How are city workers organizing for contracts with living wages and healthcare?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about city workers’ issues. Last week, over 1,000 San Francisco workers took to the streets to raise awareness about negotiations that include wage cuts and higher health care premiums. How are workers negotiating fair benefits? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a city employee, how are budget cuts affecting you? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Larry Bradshaw, San Francisco Vice-President of SEIU 1021 and a paramedic for the San Francisco Fire Department
Brenda Barrows, San Francisco General Hospital and Bargaining Team Member
Kristy Morrison, teacher at Galileo High School in San Francisco and an organizer with Against Cuts
Alex Tonisson, organizer with Golden Gate Labor Coalition
SEIU: Need Not Greed
SF Bay Guardian: In City Workers' Shoes