Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: How are communities responding to fracking?
On today's Your Call, we'll talk to Josh Fox, maker of the Oscar-nominated film, Gasland, about hydraulic fracturing, also called "fracking." Josh has made a sequel to his first film, which is set to be released this summer. It’s called Gasland Part II. This sequel explores how the fracking industry has changed people's lives and how government is responding. What is the government's responsibility to regulate this form of oil and gas extraction? And how have organized citizens successfully stood in the way of fracking development? Join us at 10 or post a comment here. Have you seen your area or your health changed by fracking? What are you doing about it? It's Your Call, with Holly Kernan, and You.
Josh Fox, creator of the Oscar-nominated documentary, Gasland, and the soon-to-be-released sequel, Gasland Part II
Facebook: Gasland II
(Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz on Monday, June 3rd)
Talking Points Memo: GE Investing Billions In Fracking
Food and Water Watch: Just how much oil and gas money does the DGA take in?
YouTube: Josh Fox playing banjo