Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: How are communities responding to fracking around the globe?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk about the expansion of hydraulic fracturing with activists in Romania, Argentina, and Europe. Last month, activists from over 20 countries took to the streets to speak out against fracking. Where is it growing the fastest? Which companies are doing the fracking? And what can we learn from these grassroots movements? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Josh Fox, activist and filmmaker of Gasland and Gasland Part II
Geert De Cock, policy officer with Food & Water Watch, Europe
Maria Olteanu, anti-fracking activist in Romania
PBS: Fracking Goes Global
Keep Tap Water Safe: List of Fracking Bans Worldwide
Food and Water Watch: Activists on six continents to urge global leaders to ban fracking
Food and Water Watch: Wishful thinking: Debunking the Myths of the Shale Gas Boom