Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: How are communities responding to fracking around the globe?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk about the expansion of hydraulic fracturing with activists in Romania, Argentina, and Europe. Last month, activists from over 20 countries took to the streets to speak out against fracking. Where is it growing the fastest? Which companies are doing the fracking? And what can we learn from these grassroots movements? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Josh Fox, activist and filmmaker of Gasland and Gasland Part II
Geert De Cock, policy officer with Food & Water Watch, Europe
Maria Olteanu, anti-fracking activist in Romania
PBS: Fracking Goes Global
Keep Tap Water Safe: List of Fracking Bans Worldwide
Food and Water Watch: Activists on six continents to urge global leaders to ban fracking
Food and Water Watch: Wishful thinking: Debunking the Myths of the Shale Gas Boom