Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
The Hidden World of Girls
Today on Your Call: How are girls coming of age?
On the next Your Call, we’ll speak with The Kitchen Sisters about The Hidden World of Girls-- a multimedia project that explores the many ways girls are growing up and making a difference. We’ll also speak with young girls living in at risk communities who say they are often misrepresented in the media. What do you want to know about the hidden world of girls? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. What stories do girls want to tell? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Nikki Silva, one of the two Kitchen Sisters and co-producer of The Hidden World of Girls
Laura Karpman is the lead composer and creative director of The Hidden World of Girls: Stories for Orchestra.
Jo Kreiter, director of Flyaway Productions
Pearl Khuu, a San Francisco High School student and a member of Oasis for Girls
Hoseana Measno, a San Francisco High School student and a member of Oasis for Girls
July 28 & 29: Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music
The Kitchen Sister: The Hidden World of Girls
August 8 & 9: Ladies to the Rescue