Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Today on Your Call: How are homeless people responding to the changing economy?
There’s often a disconnect between people on the street and those who walk past them. So, as the wealth gap widens, we’ll hear from people living on the margins about what they are seeing. Has the tech boom significantly affected the lives of homeless people? Is it easier or more difficult now to access basic services like shelter, food, transportation, or health care? What questions do you have about what it’s really like to be homeless today? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Tina Collins, San Francisco native, mother of 3, and formerly homeless
Brian Mullins, resident of the Father Alfred Center at St. Anthony’s, and formerly homeless
Jennifer Friedenbach, executive director of the Coalition on Homelessness in San Francisco