Most Active Stories
- Stanford researchers find teaching technique that closes achievement gap in schools
- Project-based learning gets kids back on track
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
Today on Your Call: How is California’s energy market regulated?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the state’s utility market. Last week, the state reached a $750 million settlement with Canada’s Powerex. California Attorney General Kamala Harris said the company gamed the state’s energy market by buying electricity from the state and selling it back at a huge markup. Who are the players in California’s energy market? And what has changed since the Enron scandal? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with me, Rose Aguilar, and you.
Marcel Hawiger, staff attorney with the Utility Reform Network
Marc Lifsher, business write for LA Times
Tyson Slocum, director of Public Citizen's Energy Program