Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: How can we break the cycle of violence against women and girls?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about solutions to gender violence. February 14th is V-Day, a coordinated day of action including a dance flash mob designed to empower women and girls. The Violence Against Women Act is also currently up for reauthorization by Congress. But what is the socialization that leads to this violence? And how can honest conversations with young people help to break this cycle? Join us at 10am Pacific Time or post a comment here. It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and You.
Lindsay Sweetnam, community programs director for La Casa De Las Madres
Jenny Lam, project advisor with Young Asian Women Against Violence.
Pavel Korobkov, MyStrength Facilitator at the YWCA Silicon Valley Rape Crisis Center
YAWAV: "Why I Rise" video