Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: How can we eat out responsibly?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about the restaurant industry - and eating out ethically. The food service industry employs 13 million people in the U.S. and is responsible for six of the lowest paying job categories, according to Labor Department data. Some restaurants are making an effort to pay and treat workers fairly. What do you want to know about the restaurant industry and eating out ethically? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Hana Baba and you.
Saru Jayaraman, founder of Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) United and author of Behind the Kitchen Door
Melissa Kogut, executive director of Chefs Collaborative
Anna Lappe, founding principal of the Small Planet Institute
Saru’s book: Behind the Kitchen Door
Restaurant Opportunities Center: National Diners Guide
Anna Lappe's Small Planet
US News: The 10 Lowest-Paid Jobs in America
Rasmussen Reports: 58% Eat At A Restaurant At Least Once A Week
Monterey Bay Aquarium: Seafood Watch Pocket Guide
Happy Cow: Healthy Eating Guide