Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: How can we feed 9 billion people on a finite planet?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Sarah Elton, author of "Consumed: Food for a Finite Planet." She visited three continents to tell the story of people who are creating alternatives to the industrial food system. In order to feed 9 billion people by 2050, she says the entire food system needs to be reassembled. What changes would you like to see? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sarah Elton, journalist and a bestselling author
Tuesday, February 4th, 1-2pm: Sarah Elton will be in conversation with Michael Pollan at the UC Berkeley graduate school of journalsim
Wednesday, February 5th, 6-8pm: Sarah Elton will be speaking in an event hosted by CUESA at the San Francisco Ferry Building; Port Commission Hearing Room, 2nd floor of the Ferry Building; Embarcadero at Market St, SF.
UC Berkeley event: Sarah Elton in Conversation with Michael Pollan