Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: How can you fight back against corporate cons?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter David and tax expert, David Cay Johnston about his new book “ The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use "Plain English" to Rob You Blind.” He argues that no other modern country gives corporations the unfettered power found in America to gouge customers, shortchange workers, and erect barriers to fair play. How can ordinary citizens stand up to powerful corporations? Join us live at 10am PST or post a comment here. It’s Your Call, How did corporations gain so much power? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
David Cay Johnston, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter
Reuters: A gamble down on the boardwalk