Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: How can you fight back against corporate cons?
On today's Your Call, it's our Friday media roundtable. This week, we'll have a conversation with Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist David Cay Johnston about his latest book, The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use 'Plain English' to Rob You Blind. He notes, "No other modern country gives corporations the unfettered power found in America to gouge customers, shortchange workers, and erect barriers to fair play.” Join the conversation and call in with your questions on Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
David Cay Johnston, columnist for Tax Analysts and the Columbia Journalism Review
Justin Elliot, reporter with ProPublica, covering politics with a focus on money and influence