Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
Today on Your Call: How do we reconcile our inner lives with our religious and cultural identities?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with the authors of Love, InshAllah: The Secret Love Lives of American Muslim Women. 25 women share their stories of reconciling who they are with where they have come from. One writes “I fear being forced to choose between two integral components of my identity: my faith and my sexuality.” Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. What are your stories of self-discovery in the context of a religious or cultural background? It’s Your Call with Hana Baba, and you.
Ayesha Mattu, co-editor of Love InshAllah: The Secret Love Lives of American Muslim Women
Zahra Noorbakhsh, contributor to Love InshAllah: The Secret Love Lives of American Muslim Women
NY Times: The God of Marriage